Enhanced zoned schools and new neighborhood choices are coming for elementary school students in the 2024-25 school year.
- NOTHING CHANGES THIS YEAR. Changes take effect beginning July 2024 for elementary school students only.
- Beginning in the 2024-25 school year, all district elementary students will be assigned to one of five regions in the county. This is a bold new idea for Durham, one that brings the power of possibilities home to DPS families.
- Every child in each region will have access to elementary school choices that are equitable, close to home and supported by short school bus routes.
- They can attend their base school or access a year-round choice, an international baccalaureate program, a Montessori or a dual language immersion program that is just down the road.
- All base elementary schools will provide integrated STEM, ARTS AND GLOBAL LANGUAGE LEARNING STANDARD.
School Tours and Open Houses
Now is the time to explore the possibilities in your region by visiting your zoned school and any application choice schools you feel may be a good option for your student.
School Tours and Open Houses Continue
Don’t miss your chance to explore the possibilities in your region by visiting your zoned school and any application choice schools you feel may be a good option for your student.