For middle and high school students. Durham Public Schools will continue to bring the power of possibilities home when we expand our student assignment plan to middle and high school students, beginning in 2025-26.
Students will continue to have enhanced access to a variety of learning opportunities, supported by short bus routes and equitable programs.
The 2025-26 Secondary Student Assignment Plan will:
- Create additional year round school access for middle school students
- Continue Dual Language Immersion (DLI) options through middle school, with aligned language courses continuing in high school
- Offer middle schools with Montessori-grounded programs, continuing the philosophy and key tenets of Montessori elementary learning
A few things to know:
- Nothing changes for secondary school students until the 2025-26 school year.
- Students entering 6th grade in 2025-26 will be assigned to a middle school based on the new Secondary Student Assignment Plan. Those in 7th and 8th grades can remain in their previously assigned school.
- Students in the 9th grade during 2024-25 can remain in their high school through 12th grade. New assignments begin for 9th graders starting in 2025-26.
Secondary Application Programs
To discover your zoned secondary school and other choice options, use the map below.